How to protect yourself from getting infected
WHO’s standard recommendations for the general public to reduce exposure to and transmission of a range of illnesses are as follows, which include hand and respiratory hygiene, and safe food practices:
- Wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a medical mask, tissue, or a sleeve or flexed elbow when coughing or sneezing;
- Avoid unprotected close contact with anyone developing cold or flu-like symptoms and Seek medical care if you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing;
- When visiting live markets, avoid direct unprotected contact with live animals and surfaces in contact with animals;
- Cook your food and especially meat thoroughly.